Manchester United have been linked with various top quality players over the past few months and specifically after the season ended.
The Red Devils have secured the signing of one key target in the form of Memphis Depay. However, Manchester United have been rejected by no fewer than 5 top quality targets in favor of Serie A sides. How baffling is that?
Since Inter won the Champions League in 2010. Italian teams suffered big time, mainly in European competitions. They fell behind Germany in the UEFA coefficient ranking and now only 3 teams qualify from Serie A every season for continent’s elite competition instead of 4.
Not only that, top players preferred transfers to England, Spain or Germany and those interested in Serie A would only look towards Juventus.
However, the latest transfer signs show that things are changing, especially after Juventus reached the Champions League final. Quality players are now linked with moves to Serie A, few are even ready to join without CL football.
Manchester United will surely feel somewhat rejected as they guarantee decent wages and CL football. Here is the list of targets that have snubbed Red Devils in favor of Serie A moves.
- Khedira officially joined Juventus from Real Madrid
- Atletico’s Mandzukic has reached agreement with Juventus
- Center back Miranda has agreed to sign for Inter Milan from Atletico Madrid
- One of Van Gaal’s favorite DMs De Jong has agreed deal to stay with AC Milan
- Roma have reached agreement for midfielder Radja Nainggolan
Follow Soccerisma on Twitter: Soccerisma